Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just a taste...

I am working on a novel at this point. I thought that I would just share the prologue with you and see what you all think. (You all being my one follower. So, te, and not los for spanish, Tu, not vous for french. Pour mon seul lecteur cher. Enjoy!) 


Numbness. A simple word on a page. Numbness. It’s easily spoken, too, but do you ever really know what it is? I’m not speaking of numbness in a physical sense though, and if that’s the first thing that came to your mind then you probably won't understand what I am talking about.
  Have you ever felt pain, and so much of it, that you just don't feel anything anymore? Have you ever cried so much that you just seemed to have run out of tears? Have you ever been so angry that you stopped feeling emotions at all? Has anyone that you loved ever hurt you so deeply that you just couldn't seem to love at all anymore? If any of these applies to you then you know the definition of numbness. I know more than I want to know about numbness. At this moment I’ve experienced more than most anyone I know. Hate. Love. Anger. Turmoil. Chaos. Fighting. Divorce. Murder. Death. Altogether more than anyone wants to know. I know more about death than is good for anyone. I, Aria Grace Bryant, have died.
This story is how I was saved and this is what numbness is. 

So there's the beginning of my book. What did you think? It's not too silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment