Thursday, June 19, 2014

Beads and Bows... Pencil Cup

Okay, so I've been cleaning my room all morning, well, other than washing our van... Ewww!
Anyway, when cleaning my room my biggest issue was my desk. I'm am a pile freak. I have stacks of books and papers and receipts completely overwhelming my desk. It took me forever to figure out, but as soon as I      revealed my desk I saw that I had pens and pencils strewn everywhere. I'm beginning to feel the lack of a pencil cup. So I went and, duh, pulled a can out of the recycling bin. Now what to do with it?

I got a set of beads for four dollars at Walmart and used some blue fabric that I already had. A little glue and a lot of wrapping and tying and I had a pencil cup. Now for the pens.

For the pen cup I got a salsa jar out of the recycling and spray painted it with light blue and dark blue. (I couldn't tell you how the colors corresponded so well. The fabric and the paint came from three totally different projects that took place over the span of several years, so it was quite a bit of fun pulling it all together.) Then I go some rub- on decals from hobby lobby and put them on with some Rhine-stones. I think it all turned out very well and now my desk is spick and span. Let's see if I can keep it that way. :)

1 comment: